Thursday, September 3, 2026

 


HAW Lockup’s music started the show.


Eve Solace: Welcome to HAW Lockup, coming to you tonight from St. Louis! There’s three must see matches tonight, but first, we are going to hear from the #1 contender for the World championship, Penny “The Hammer” Downs!


Moments later, Penny made her way down to the ring and took a microphone, running her hand through her hair and looking stressed.


Penny Downs: Two years ago I won the HAW Women’s World Championship. I won through outside interference. And the next few months I struggled, struggled to feel like a champion. I got a big win at End of the Trail, and it was said I put my demons to rest with that win. And maybe I did for a little while, but time moved on, and I still had a voice in the back of my mind, calling me an imposter. I ignored it, it didn’t mean anything, until I lost. I didn’t just lose the title, I lost everything. I lost my confidence. I lost my place on the show. I lost friends. Everything was gone because I lost! But now…I know how to fix it. I know how to fix what’s broken in me. I need that title. I need to win it. If I win, I’ll get it all back. I’ll be normal again, I’ll have my life again! Sally Larkin…enjoy your last few weeks with your gold, and I hope you don’t end up like me.


With that, Penny threw the mic down and left.


Athena: Penny Downs has a lot of baggage going in this match, but she seems determined. That’s half the battle in becoming a World champion.


Eve Solace: The other half of course, is beating the opponent, and Sally Larkin is as tough as they come.




The Revellers, Teri and Roo, made their way down to the ring, looking excited but ready.


Teri: Alright, so last week, we got jumped. It happens.


Roo: But we want to make this fair. McCarthy, Moonlight, we’re challenging you to a match right now!


The Revellers waited a few moments, but no answer, until Nu Iota’s music started up. Natasha York and Isabella Dawson both made their way out with a referee.


Eve Solace: We’re being told, no match with Alicia McCarthy and Moonlight, but the Revellers will take on Nu Iota!


Nu Iota tried to put up a fight in this match, but the Revellers were never truly off their game, and ended up picking up the victory in 5:27.


After the match, Teri and Roo both looked up the ramp, yelling out for McCarthy and Moonlight to come fight them. However, the challenge remained unanswered, leaving the Revellers annoyed.




Backstage, The Executioness Elena Dubois approached Jenna Ingram, who had Zoey Chamber and Hazel Glover by her side.


Elena Dubois: Proud of yourself?


Jenna Ingram: As a matter of fact, I am.


Elena Dubois: Yeah…knocking me out when I least expected it, just to get a title shot that…you had to earn anyway, because she didn’t hold up her end of the deal. I could have told you that and saved you some trouble.


Jenna Ingram: To me, it seems you’re here just looking for trouble. It was all business before, but maybe you’re making this personal.


Elena Dubois: I just wanted to come look you in the eye, face to face. I was hurt going into that match because of you. And I get it, you’ve been here for years and wanted that National title shot. If you end up winning, I hope you can sleep with your decisions.


Jenna went to punch Dubois, but Zoey and Hazel held her back.


Zoey Chambers: Come on! You just haven’t been yourself lately!


Hazel Glover: Just focus! Focus on winning, ok?


Elena Dubois: Good luck, challenger.


With that, The Executioness left leaving behind an angry Jenna Ingram.





Back at the arena, the entrances of Sekino the Stunt Pilot and Ashley Cannonball took place for the next match. Ashley tried to come out fast, but Sekino was ready for everything, and quickly handed her a defeat after a Moonstomp in 4:51. After the match, Sekino continued her attack until staff pulled her away, with the Stunt Pilot looking proud of her actions.




Backstage, Sally Larkin was staring into the camera.


Sally Larkin: I’ve heard what Penny Downs has said. I can understand her obsession with this title, wanting to win it back. The weight of the world is on your shoulders when you hold it, knowing everyone wants to take it from you. Penny Downs is a tough challenger. She earned her title, she defeated solid wrestlers. But…she doesn’t have what it takes. There isn’t a world that exists where she knocks me out and pins me one two three. There isn’t an outcome where I tap out. So give it your best, let’s have a great match, and make sure you’re mentally prepared for another loss and an ongoing life without this title. 




In the arena, the Dystopians had made their way down to the ring. 


Eve Solace: We were told by Delilah that this afternoon, the Dystopians demanded a rematch. They are getting that non-title rematch tonight!


The Tag Champions, Kherti Bhakta and Bethany Watts entered second. 


The match was similar to the title match in the early goings, and there was no weak link on either team. However, everyone knew things would take a sudden turn when the Solo Girls made their way down to the ring holding hockey sticks. 


Athena: Something tells me these two aren’t trying out to make a roster.


The match continued until Watts started to build mention, knocking down Void-N and Dark Raven, and Crystal and Rachel saw their chance to attack. Kherti and Bethany were not surprised, and managed to land some solid defensive shots, but the freshness and weapons won out. With Watts and Bhakta awarded a DQ win, Crystal and Rachel didn’t care. The two challenges stood tall and the ring, arms raised with pride. 


Eve Solace: A classic mid match attack technique, and they’re proud. 


Athena: This attack may help them short term but, this may also anger the Dystopians. Teams need to be careful about these type of antics. 


Eve Solace: With that, we’re just out of time. Thanks for watching Lockup, we’ll see you next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment