*The HAW Throwdown intro and theme played, as the show kicked off*
Edward Findleton: Welcome back to HAW Throwdown! We’re in Buffalo, New York! Edward Findleton here and as always, THE Casey Gains joining me! And of course, our owner, Freezerman, is already in the ring ready to kick the year off!
Freezerman: Welcome back to HAW! We had a great episode of Lockup last night, and I know it’s going to be an amazing episode of THrowdown! Tonight, we will see a championship match. At End of the Trail last year, the Biofuel Engineers won a number one contender’s match against The Firing Squad, Phoenix and Fun Fight Machine. That match will be our main event tonight!
THE Casey Gains: That’s an amazing main event to start the year off!
Freezerman: Additionally, we saw Pastor James win the Destroy All Wrestlers match, and become the new HAW World Champion! And I am happy to announce that Pastor James will defend the title against his long time rival…Cole Arcane in four weeks at One Way Trip!
Edward Findleton: That’s going to be an absolutely fierce battle.
Freezerman: And finally, I want to get this show kicked off right, and-
Freezerman was cut off as Harvey Allison’s music started up, and the National Champion walked out with Strawberry Bates Hill.
Harvey Allison: For anyone who is new, my name is Handsome Harvey Allison, the HAW National Champion, and the greatest wrestler alive today. I have held the National Championship since October of 2024, and because of my star power and ability, the amazing Freezerman added a bonus into my contract this off season!
Freezerman: Harvey is right. He had an amazing 2025. He deserves a world title match, so I’ve told Harvey that he can have a World Title match at any show with a one week notice.
Harvey Allison: And I’m going to top this all off! Because I plan to be the first combined National and World Champion! So go ahead Freezerman, let me give you some ideas.I’m sick of these recycled old boys club challengers. I want some green rookie who is all about making a name for himself. Because I want to see his spirit crushed as he realizes he can’t go toe to toe with a true champion!
Freezerman: That’s a really good point, and I agree Harvey. I actually had an opponent in mind who fits the bill!
Allison and Hill laughed, quite happy with this announcement.
Freezerman: How about a man who has only had…one match?
Harvey Allison: Hah! I love it! Yeah!
Freezerman: Only one HAW match, a man who debut last year at End of the Trail!
Slowly, the smile on Harvey’s face began to fade.
Freezerman: At One Way Trip for the National Title, it will be Harvey Allison vs…..Leon Baron!
The rumbling and guitar chords of Baron’s theme started up, and a loud pyro rocked the building as Baron came running out. Allison and Hill looked like they were getting ready to double team him, but as Baron slid into the ring, Allison pushed Hill towards Baron and fled, as Hill got knocked down with a clothesline. A loopy Hill stood up, only to be met by a Canadian Destroyer. A pumped up Baron pointed to the fleeing Harvey Allison, making a belt motion across his waist.
Edward Findleton: Wow! Someone may need to check on Hill, that looked painful.
THE Casey Gains: Harvey Allison is certainly going to have his hands full. He’ll need to pull out every trick in the book for this.
Edward Findleton: Well as Hill gets taken to the back, we’re getting ready for our first match, with the debuting…Tom Shire!
Tom Shire made his way down to the ring, an grabbed a microphone pre-match.
Tom Shire: I’m finally here, I’ve finally made the big time, and I’m ready to show the world just what I’m made of!
His opponent was Mitchell Row, still with his long hair, bushy beard, and rain jacket attire with his entrance. As the match started, Tom Shire showed some promise and had the upper hand, but when he started to gloat and taunt the fans, Row was able to quickly capitalize, and pin Tom Shire after a Spear in 7:15.
As Row started to make his way to the back, Pastor James’ music started up, who started walking down to the ring with Dixie Boyle and the title on his shoulder. Midway up the ramp, James and Row crossed paths. Row stared at the World Championship, then locked eyes with James. James looked disturbed and quickly switched the title to the shoulder farthest from Row. Row then continued up the ramp, as James got to the ring.
Pastor James: Brothers, sisters, I would like to thank my flock for supporting me. I did it! I became the World Champion again, just as the Lord intended! HE heard your prayers, and HE answered them! Unfortunately, that con-man, Cole Arcane, is going to be getting another shot at this title. We’ve been going at this for years, and Cole…I am a vengeful man. I will not forget all that you’ve done.
At that point, Arcane came out and stood at the top of the ramp.
Cole Arcane: I’m not here to get in a verbal battle with you. I just want to let you know…I’m taking that title and making sure, you don’t get back up.
As Cole Arcane talked and James and Dixie turned their attention to him, Ivy Clarke crept out from under the ring and grabbed a fire extinguisher. She rolled in and screamed to get the two to turn around, then sprayed the two with the fire extinguisher. Cole Arcane immediately rushed to the ring, and Ivy and Cole started to stomp Dixie and James. Arcane then finished it off by grabbing the fire extinguisher and dropping it directly onto the chest of Pastor James. With that, Arcane and Ivy Clarke left the ring.
Edward Findleton: I’m not surprised but it looks like these two are definitely aligned. First the attack on James last year and now this.
THE Casey Gains: I’m for it, James could have some serious injuries that may not heal in four weeks! Arcane is wise for creating this advantage!
Edward Findleton: You may sadly be right…
Near the main entrance, Fun Fight Machine and Phoenix were getting ready, as a stage hand announced their match would be taking place in a minute.
Phoenix: You ready? Let’s defend these guys and win!
Fun Fight Machine: Phoenix, before we go., I want to thank you. I was in a funk, and you took me out of it by showing the fun of pro wrestling.
Phoenix: You’re welcome pal!
Fun Fight Machine: I know it started off as cheating…I know we won these titles by cheating. But it’s getting to be too much on my conscience. I want to wrestle fairly.
Phoenix: Hey, I get it. Let’s do that. We need to be on the same page. If you want to wrestle fairly, let’s wrestle fairly. And as for End of the Trail last year, I’ve had so many sleepless nights thinking about pinning you. If I had known you saved me earlier in the match, I would have never done that. I’m sorry.
Fun Fight Machine: It is ok. It was every man for himself, you did what you thought was the best.
Their music started to play, and Fun and Phoenix hugged it out as they made their way out.
The champions looked ready, and seemed prepared for their challengers, Sydney Mason and Dalton Elkins of the Biofuel Engineers.
Both teams were very even as the match started. The tag experience of the Biofuel Engineers was unmatched, but the skill of the two former World Champions had them neck and neck.
Sydney Mason finally had an upperhand on Fun Fight Machine, but Fun countered and had a quick come back. With a final flying clothesline, both men were down and exhausted.
Edward Findleton: Who can make the tag first?!
Neither man had moved, and at that point, Phoenix began to climb the rope. He jumped, and hit a Phoenix Splash right onto Fun Fight Machine!
The Casey Gains: Did he miss Mason?!
Phoenix stared at Fun Fight Machine with disdain. He grabbed Mason’s arms and threw it onto Fun’s body, and the Biofuel Engineers became the new Tag Team Champions in 13:34, achieving a record tying third Tag Team title reign.
With no emotion on his face, Phoenix left the ring, while Dalton Elkins helped Sydney Mason up to celebrate as the Throwdown went off the air.

No comments:
Post a Comment